National Pumpkin Day! The Benefits of Pumpkin for Your Dogs October 26 2017, 0 Comments
Today is National Pumpkin Day! Not only are pumpkins the perfect fall decoration and a staple in all the best autumn desserts, but they have unique health benefits to dogs and human alike.
Pumpkin can have the following health benefits for dogs:
- They are high in fiber and can help aid in digestive health including constipation and diarrhea.
- Pumpkin can act as a natural de-worming agent and help fight tapeworms and other intestinal parasites.
- It slows digestion and will help your pet feel full for longer.
- Pumpkins are high in Vitamin C and can help improve joint health.
- The zinc content in pumpkin can help improve skin and coat health.
- Beta-carotene, which is a potent antioxidant found in pumpkin, slows the aging process.
Treat your dog to a pumpkin treat today to help improve their health and give them a treat they will be sure to love. Order TreatSimple's Pumpkin & Cranberry treats online now.